Monday, September 15, 2008

Big Day, Big Sleep


Some of my favorite verses have to do with sleep.  Here are a few:


In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.  Psalm 4:8  
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep. Psalm 127:2
If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down your sleep will be sweet.  Pro. 3:24

We have had a big day around here which started off with a good night's sleep. We are so thankful to the Lord that Titus has been a night sleeper since he was about a week old. Last night he set a record--two records actually. I put him in the crib at around 10:30 (that's the earliest to bed record) and he went to sleep and stayed there until about 5:30 (that's the longest sleep record)! Woohoo! I fed him and put him back down for almost two more hours. Then I had to get him up because I had to go to the dentist. So, we got ready to go and headed to get my teeth cleaned. That went well--although it took a long time to get in and I was concerned about Titus having a melt down. The dentist kept asking me questions about Titus, but it is really hard to talk when you are getting your teeth cleaned. We all survived and Titus did very well. Then Daddy took us to Chik-fil-a for some lunch. Afterwards, Titus and I went to walmart. One thing about Titus is that he does NOT like to shop. He got that from his Dad. :) I tried to reason with him "Titus we need to get Grandma a birthday card and you need diapers..." He didn't seem to care... So we got the card and diapers quickly and then headed over to visit David at his office for a few minutes. His co-workers wanted to meet Titus, so that was fun. Titus enjoyed all the sweet ladies holding him. He got a little fussy and finally went to sleep as we were heading back to the car. Sooo, that has been our day--I left out lots of feedings and some diaper changes, but you get the idea. And the weather is wonderful here! Much cooler and a great breeze. David is going to spend the evening doing yardwork and Titus and I are going to try to get supper ready and maybe go for a walk.  

1 comments:

Brittney said...

He is a gorgeous baby!!! Yay for a good nights rest and a busy day!