Inspired by Kari's blog, I am posting a recipe this morning. Go there and read her post about healthy meal planning. Here's a fun soup that I adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. You can see the original recipe here. I really enjoy this magazine, but sometimes I find that I have never even heard of so many of the ingredients... and that it would cost a small fortune to stock my pantry with all those spices and "original" ingredients. Anybody else have that problem? Or am I the only one? I do appreciate their healthier versions of classic recipes. Anyway, here's a quick and yummy (and healthy) soup for you. Hope you get the chance to try it! Let me know what you think and also how you manage those recipes you find with those "ingredients you've never heard of before!"

For my version, I substituted chicken for turkey; added celery and carrots while cooking the onion. Then let the soup simmer for longer until the veggies are done. Last, I added some chopped avocado just before serving. Also, I prefer to try a different cheese too. I like it better with those additions, but you could make it according to whatever ingredients you have on hand.
0 comments:
Post a Comment