Well, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Michael's house. We celebrated with David's parents, Grandma, Michael, Calvin and Mr. T. Mr. T and Calvin didn't exactly hit it off, but we managed! The weather was cold, and of course, there was lots of food and football. Sadly, I failed the ultimate wife test this year--no I didn't burn the turkey, or forget the cranberry or anything like that. I forgot the Aggie Jersey. David says to me "So, what I am going to wear on Friday?" My husband is forgiving though--love covers a multitude of sins, right?
Our Friday shopping consisted of 2 trips to Walmart and 3 trips to Lowes for some porjects the guys were working on. I was a little sad to not be at Kohl's at 4am--but I was also very glad to be sleeping at 4am! After Thanksgiving, Grandma Phyllis came to our house for several days. We played lots of Wahoo and had a great visit.
As you can see from the picture, the tree is decorated and we are ready for Christmas. We are looking forward to our Family Christmas party on Friday. If you don't do something like this at your house, you should think about it. It is not an extended family party--just David and me. We make snacks, play Christmas music, and sign our Christmas cards--we may even do white elephant gifts. So, give it a try with your husband (and kids--and pets)! Get out those Christmas PJs, CDs and Reindeer napkins and conquer one of those Christmas jobs--let me know how it goes!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Christmas is here!!!
Posted by Kristy at 5:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey there,
Good post. :) My husband's a HUGE sports fan, too. I got your call. Melodie's coming in town this weekend so we'll be hopping around town, but maybe we can catch each other next weekend. The week is pretty full with night Christmas-y things. :)
Love you!!!!
Jamie
Oh, and we did something similar. We rented Polar Express, had Whassup and signed our Christmas cards while watching. It wasn't too fancy, but we'll have our Family Christmas Breakfast (a fake Christmas Eve) coming up soon that is similar. I like this idea. Way to make a tradition!
Very fun Jamie! Love the whassup and the Family Breakfast! Love you!
Post a Comment