OK. So I need your help. We have started shopping/looking for items that we will need (or want) for the baby. We picked up some fun clothes at a consignment sale yesterday and I am super excited about the Robeez that I got for FREE from a store here in town.
We have checked out a few stores for other items, but there is soooo much out there. It can be overwhelming. So, I welcome all wise counsel from you! Here are a few questions for you that would help us out a bunch!
1. Name an item or two that is often overlooked, but much needed for Baby.
2. Name an item or two that everyone seems to get, but never uses.
3. What's your favorite Baby item?
You don't have to be a parent to answer either--we would love to hear any comments. If you participate, your name will be put in a drawing for a free night of baby-sitting.*
*That's babysitting for us, by the way. :) Thanks!

6 comments:
Hmmmm...I'll be thinking about that one and send you an email. Since I'm a bit weird about germs, etc. two of my favorite things have been the big cart cover for grocery carts/high chairs and a little thing called a Tiny-Diner. It's a suction cup placemat for restaurants. Very handy. Also a must is a good diaper bag. They are worth the extra money to get a good one.
Isn't it fun to shop for baby stuff?!
And, by the way, you can find patterns for cart covers and make your own in cute fabric. Something fun and easy to do while you wait!
Erin--those are great ideas! Thanks so much for the suggestions. I had not thought of those things so it really helps out my list!
Since all my babies were spit-upers (okay massive pukers) we never had too many burp clothes or even better receiving blankets! Bibs were also a must have in our house....not just those cute little ones, but BIG velco ones! Easy outfits are a must too...like oneies with just 3 snaps or sleepers with zippers. You'll be changing diapers and outfits SEVERAL times a day...so the easier the better! Can't wait til baby R arrives! specialkel
AWW Kristy, I'm just so happy for you!!
My answers:
Don't register/buy those tiny little bibs that only cover half an inch of the baby's chest. They are pointless!! They do make big ones and I would go for those for sure, even for newborns. Speaking of newborns, I loved the little gowns they make for them. NO snaps to mess with!! They work great for the first few months, especially at night when you're half asleep and need to change a diaper.
I just happened to stumble on your blog and came across this post. Since we have a 14 month old, thought I'd share.
1. Best money we spent was on a swing (a glider swing is great for a newborn if you can find it), interlocking foam alphabet squares for the hardwood floors (just a little extra cushion for when they start rolling and lifting and dropping their head -- $16 at Lowe's), and the mesh chew bags which we put frozen grapes in when teething.
2. Things we're glad we didn't spend our money on--a bottle warmer and a wipes warmer. Our little one loves cold bottles and doesn't mind a cold wiping--which is great since we're always on the go.
3. What we wish we didn't spend our money on-- the Combi stroller. It's a pricey little piece of junk...opt for the cheaper Chicco or the costly Maclaren. I have friends with both and they love them.
Congrats on the new baby! Hope you don't mind a stranger stopping by to drop their two cents. ;-)
Post a Comment